The staff of the College of Arts and Sciences Center for Career and Professional Success are available to facilitate on-campus presentations for Arts and Sciences students. If you're a student, the presentations listed below are available to select from.
If you're faculty or staff, please explore the options in the Administrative Gateway.
Sometimes it’s hard for students to talk about themselves, but when it comes to their resume and cover letter they have to. Have them participate in an interactive presentation where they will leave with knowledge of what employers are looking for and resources they can use to enhance their job search documents. Tips on how to target a specific position in their resume or cover letter will also be shared.
It’s not WHAT you know it’s WHO you know and how you TREAT them! This workshop will cover networking tips/techniques to help students get started building their network. Advice specific to nurturing their network over time will also be provided.
Are your students overwhelmed with the job/internship search? Do they feel lost when it comes to preparing for an interview? If so, this workshop just might be for them! Let us join your class and present on tips about how to search for jobs/internships, prepare for interviews, and how to follow up after the interview. During this session students will develop a personal action plan that capitalizes on their strengths to address hurdles they have faced thus far in their search.
Are your students on the job/internship hunt? Do your students want to be up to date on career and networking events held on campus? Handshake is going to be their new best friend! Schedule a Handshake overview to help students find out ways to maximize their use of Handshake for their career success! Handshake is the intuitive, easy-to-use job search system available to help all Ohio State students connect with employers, career communities, and explore opportunities.
The Center for Career and Professional Success has a lot to offer students. In this session students will learn about the career coaching service, career communities, and signature programs that they can take advantage of… FOR FREE!! Let us help guide your students in being successful as a student and a professional!
What are employers looking for, you ask? The Readiness Competencies workshop describes the competencies that employers screen for when evaluating college students for career employment. Students will learn about their competencies during this workshop. Additionally, students will get the opportunity to set goals on how to strengthen certain skills and capitalize on the competencies they are strongest in.
A majority of Ohio State students develop teamwork and/or leadership skills while completing their degrees but get grades of Cs or below from employers in how well they describe these skills in an interview. Students will strengthen their abilities to stand out to employers as team players and leaders during this session.
If you are looking for another type of presentation, Career Success also offers tailored presentations for topics including, but not limited to Mock Interview Sessions, Resume and Cover Letter Clinics, Tools and Strategies for Getting Started with Career Development, and LinkedIn Profile Reviews.
To request a presentation, please carefully review the following policies and procedures and complete the form below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Presentation Requirements and Policies
Requests for general presentations MUST be made at least 4 weeks before your first date preference. Requests for tailored presentation topics must be made at least 5 weeks before your first date preference. We have a greater staff capacity to do presentations via Zoom, but requests for in-person presentations will be considered.
- You must send an email promotion to those invited at least 3 weeks prior to the presentation and that communication must include our accommodations statement if it is a virtual presentation.
- Accommodations statement: “Please note that if you require any accommodations such as live captioning or interpretation to fully participate in this event, please contact email@example.com. Requests made two weeks before the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date."
- A minimum of 10 participants must attend; an RSVP list is required 2 business days in advance
- All workshops are to take place on campus during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday 10:00am-8:00pm
- Friday – 10:00am-4:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday – Generally not available; exceptions can be made pending staff availability with advance notice and a guarantee of 50 participants
- All event costs must be covered by your organization (e.g. catering, room reservation); there is no presenter fee.
- Your group must consist of at least 50% Arts and Sciences undergraduate majors