Providing financial support for College of Arts and Sciences students participating in unpaid or minimally paid internships, research roles or other career building experiences.*
Due to a low number of applications for the Browning Fund and the OSEP Visual & Performing Arts Fund, we are extending the deadline for these two funds. The Primary Fund will remain closed. The new deadline for these two funds will be Friday, February 11th at 11:59pm.
*To be considered for a CAF award, you need to have obtained an unpaid or minimally paid internship, research role, or other career building experience.
Amount of award
Recipients, the number of recipients, and amount of support shall be determined in accordance with current guidelines and procedures. The award amounts will be in $250 increments but will not exceed $5,000 per recipient.
- Spring 2022 Application Period: October 26, 2021 through November 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Summer 2022 Application Period: January 3, 2022 through February 7, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- * * * Due to a low number of applications for the Browning Fund and the OSEP Visual & Performing Arts Fund, we are extending the deadline for these two funds. The Primary Fund will remain closed. The new deadline for these two funds will be Friday, February 11th at 11:59pm.* * *
See detailed Career Accelerator Fund - Application Checklist [pdf] for steps and materials required to complete application
- There are 3 sub funds within the CAF, each with additional eligibility criteria. Please read on to see if you qualify.
- The award cannot be used to cover expenses from opportunities completed in previous terms.
- Those who have obtained a STEP award or other funding to support experiential learning as well as those with a Morrill Scholarship or other “full ride” scholarship are not eligible to apply for a CAF.
- Full-time Ohio State employees are not eligible for the award.
- Students who received the award during a previous semester are not eligible to apply.
- Federal law prohibits students from receiving aid that exceeds the estimated cost of attendance as established by Student Financial Aid. It is your responsibility to contact Student Financial Aid if you are unsure of how the fund would affect your financial aid award package.
- Any award $2,500 and over will require receipts.
- Students who have been placed on academic probation or special-action probation are not eligible for a CAF until removed from probation.
Impact of the Fund
Minor(s): Writing, Spanish
Internship: Professional Writing Capstone Experience
The CAF Award allowed me to make the most of my last summer in college; I would not have been able to accept an unpaid summer internship without its funding. In this difficult time, I’m fortunate to not worry about fundamental expenses like rent and utilities.
Minor(s): Integrative Approaches to Health & Wellness, Studio Art
Internship: Social Neurochemistry Lab
Joining the Social Neurochemistry Lab was an outstanding opportunity for it offered me the chance to work on big questions in my top three desired fields: health psychology, psychoneuroimmunology, and social psychology... This fund... allowed me to shed my doubts about redistributing hours from work to spending time in the lab.
Minor(s): South Asian Studies, Studio Art
Internship: Nationwide Children's Hospital
I am pursuing a career as a Clinical Health Psychologist, and knew that conducting research on the bio behavioral effects of cancer on children would be something that would have long term benefits to pediatric cancer patients... I have been an undergraduate research assistant in various capacities and had only received compensation for my work once, so I thought I would see if this would be an option for me.
More Student Stories from the Career Accelerator Fund